Monday, February 1, 2010

2 weeks down, now for the rest of my life!!

Well, I have officially made it 2 weeks with no wheat or dairy in my diet! Tummy aches are much better!! I have slipped up on some of the other foods the doc suggested I stay away from, and crazy thing is that when I have had soy or corn I have experienced tummy aches. Interesting, I sure hope that does not mean that I am allergic to those as well.

It is still amazingly frustrating to go to the store and find foods for me to eat. I did order a case of snickerdoodles from Whole foods today, no egg, wheat, soy, or dairy!! I am pretty safe with meat and cook veggies, but there is only so many times in a week that baked potatoes will satisfy you. Who would have thought that rice cheese would have dairy protein in it, it must be such a small amount of dairy that my body doesn't go into tummy ache fits!!

Also this past week I have ventured out to the real world of eating out!! So I have discovered that when all else fails, order a large side of fries and loads of ketchup and all will be well!!

So I have learned that changing your food habits is such an emotional journey!! Resisting foods you would love to eat is so hard!!

So Wednesday is the day, I go in to have my cholesterol checked. Lets see what my body has been able to do with natural remedies. Cant wait till next Monday to get those results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment